Unit 1
1. 我是2000年上大学的,当时18 岁。 I went to college in 2000, when I’m 18.
这所大学成立于1949年,当年全国解放。
The college was founded in 1949, when the whole country was liberate.
2. 诺基亚,现在被普遍认为是世界上移动通信领域最大的公司,成立于1865。
Nokia, now commonly known as the largest corporation in the field of mobile communication in the world, was established in 1865. Google,在中国被称为“谷歌”,是世界上最受欢迎的搜索引擎。
Google , known as “谷歌” in China , is the most popular search engine in the world. 3. 2008年,沃尔玛在《财富》杂志富豪榜中排名世界第一。
In 2008, Fortune magazine ranked Wal-Mart as the largest corporation in the world. 2008年,花旗银行在《财富》杂志富豪榜中排名世界第八。
In 2008, Fortune magazine ranked the City Bank as the eighth largest corporation in the world. 4. 我们公司在全世界各个国家共有员工30多万,是本地最大的跨国公司。
With a work face of more than 300000 employees all over the world, our company is the largest multinational corporation in this area.
这家公司有四个部门,工作效率很高。
With its four departments, the company works efficiently.
5. 委员会由5个专家和8个员工构成,是一个专业委员会。
The committee, which is a professional one, consists of five experts and eight employees. 联合会是一个国际性组织,创建于1949年二战之后。
The United Nations, which was founded in 1949 after the Second World War, is an international organization.
6. 这家公司今年的目标是要打开一个新的市场并提高销售额。
The objectives of the company for this year are to open a new market and increase its sales. 他目前上网目标是要掌握一门熟练的技术。
His present objective is to master a skilful technique.
Unit 2
1. 网络营销是指通过使用万维网进行销售和促销。
By Internet marketing, we mean we can use WWW for sale and promotion. 顾客满意度调查指的是顾客对他们所买的物品的满意情况进行调查。
By customer satisfaction survey, we mean studies to find out if buyers are satisfied with what they have bought.
2. 你可以尝试用一种不同的方法来完成这项工作。 You can try using a difference way to finish this task. 我们可以尝试通过减员来削减生产成本。
We can try cutting down production cost by reducing staff members. 3. 你可以策划一个产品发布会,人们可以得到更详细的产品信息。
You can plan a product release, where people can give information to the product in detail.
你可以参加各种交易会,在那里你可以遇到潜在的合作伙伴。
You can attend all kinds of Trade Fair, where you can meet potential cooperation. 4. 另一有效的营销方式是创建一个产品的品牌形象。
Another effective approach to marketing is to create a brand image. 另一有效的保住你现有顾客的方法是使他们高兴。
Another effective approach to keeping your existing customers is to make them happy. 5. 另一方面,你需要制定营销计划,以便你的营销更有效。
On the other hand, you need to make a marketing plan so that your marketing will be effective. 另一方面,你必须确保产品质量,这样顾客会对你的产品满意并进一步购买你的产品。 On the other hand, you must ensure your product quality so that you customers will be satisfied with your product and buy more.
6. 通过打广告,你可以吸引更多的人购买你的产品。
By advertising, you can attract more people to buy your products. 通过了解顾客需求,你可以改进你的产品和服务。
By understanding customers need, you can improve your products and services.
Unit 3
1. 当开发新产品时,营销人员要鉴别消费者的需要。
When developing new products, marketers have to identify consumer needs. 当进行市场调查时,你要收集和分析有关消费者品位和爱好的信息。
When doing s market research, you have to collect information about consumer’s tastes and habits.
2. 如果你想节省钱就考虑买这件吧。
Consider buying the one if you want to save money. 如果有损你的眼睛就考虑放弃它吧。
Consider giving it up if it would do harm to your eyes.
3. 买这辆车头装配有雨伞的自行车,你外出时就免暴晒于太阳光下。
Buy this bike with an umbrella on it to satisfy your need to go out without being exposed the sun.
买一个带有mp3功能的手机,你就不用每天都带着收音机来听音乐了。
Buy a mobile phone with the function MP3 to satisfy your need to enjoy music without carrying such a big radio every day.
4. 无论你处于何种困境,你必须记住的一个重要的事情便是保持自信。
No matter what terrible situation you are in, one important thing that you must keep in mind is to emphasize your USP -Unique Selling Proposition.
无论你找什么工作,你必须记住的一个重要的事情便是保持或提高你的形象。
No matter what kind of job you are looking for, one important thing that you must keep in mind is to emphasize your USP – Unique Selling Proposition. 5. 没有多种颜色和形状看过选择,该产品缺乏竞争力。
Without optional colors and shapes, the product will lack competitiveness. 折扣不多,你公司的服务就显得很贵了。
Without too much discount, your service will appear expensive.
Unit 4
1. 在做职业规划时,关键要明确自己能干什么。
When making a career plan, the key is to be clean about what you can do. 在求职时,关键要明确自己的兴趣是什么。
When looking for job, the key is to be clean about what your interests. 2. 如果要找份好工作,应该尽可能多地收集相关信息。
If you want to find a good job, you should collect as much information as possible. 如果你是个商人,就应该尽可能多结交些生意伙伴。
If you are a businessman, you should find as many partners as possible. 3. 这并不意味着你会赢。
It doesn’t necessarily mean you will win. 有钱不一定幸福。
Money doesn’t necessarily bring happiness. 4. 俗语说的好,重要的不是输赢而是参与。
As the old saying goes, it’s not winning or losing but participating that matters. 古人云,活到老学到老。
As the old saying goes, live and learn. 5. 众所周知,他是电脑软件方面的专家。 As we all known, he is an expert in software. 俗话说:“时间就是金钱”。 As the proverb says, time is money.
6. 我希望这有助于保证产品质量能满足我们的要求。
I hope this can help ensure that the quality of the product can meet our demand. 这些措施有助于保证达到要求。
These measures can help ensure that the requirements are met.
Unit 5
1. 谈判技巧因人而已。
Negotiation skills vary from person to person. 谈判结果各不相同。
Outcomes vary from negotiation to negotiation.
2. 无论发生什么,我们必须要马上执行我们的投资计划。
Whatever happens, we have to carry out our investment plan immediately. 无论遇到什么困难,这项市场调查将按计划开展。
Whatever difficulties we may meet with, the market survey is to be carried out as plan. 3. 在谈判中,美方谈判者比较急躁,而日方谈判者则从容不迫。
During negotiation, American negotiators were impatient while Japanese negotiators were at ease.
一些公司通过广告来吸引顾客,而另一些公司则采用免费赠送样品的方式宣传。
Some companies launch advertisements to attract more customers while others give out free samples.
4. 中美双方的谈判直到晚上9点才结束。
The negotiation between the US and the China did not come to an end until 9 o’clock in the evening.
玛丽直到这次谈判失败后才懂得作出适当让步在谈判中的重要性。
Marry did not realize the importance of making proper concession in negotiation until this negotiation failed.
5. 一个成功的谈判者不但会出色地完成谈判目标,还能与谈判对手发展长期友好关系。 A successful negotiation does not only accomplish the negotiating plan successful, but also develops long-term relationship with the other party.
我喜欢和我的同事共事,不但因为他们教会了我我工作上的点点滴滴,还因为他们也是我生活中的好朋友。
I love working with my colleagues not only because they teach me a lot at work, but because they are good friends in life.
6. 在谈判中,良好的情绪被看作是谈判有效进行的关键。
Having positive emotion is regarded as the key to carrying out a negotiation smoothly. 降低成本被看作是商家在竞争上取胜的其中一种有效策略。
Lowering cost is regarded as one of the effective strategies for companies to achieve success in the fierce competition.
Unit 6
1. 根据合同,卖方应该为这次损失负责。
According to the contract, the seller should be responsible for the loss. 甲方应负责合同货物的投保。
Party A shall be responsible for the goods of the contract of insurance. 2. 这类因疏忽而引起的意外事件是能够避免的。
Such accident arising from carelessness can be avoided. 因这种状况所产生的南通很难处理。
The difficulties arising from situations are very difficult to deal with. 3. 倘有火灾,请拨119电话。 In case of fire, call 119.
倘有大雪,航班将会推迟。
In case of heavy snow, the flight will be put off. 4. 由于交通严重堵塞,玛丽没能按时赶到这里。
Mary failed to arrive here on time due to the traffic jam. 如果甲方没能按时交货应赔偿乙方的损失。
Party A should compensate for Party B’s loss if Party A fails to delivery the contracted goods on time.
5. 考虑到双方长期建立的业务关系,我方同意降价。
Taking the long established business relationship between us into consideration, we agreed to reduce the price.
经过30分钟热烈的讨论,我们所有人都同意毁约。
After 30 minutes’ hot discussion, we all agreed to break the contract.
Unit 7
1. 对于那些想体验英国生活和文化的人来说,这本《酒吧礼仪指南》非常有用。
For those who want experience British life and culture, the Guide to Pub Etiquette is very useful.
对于那些想在海外开拓市场的商人来说,了解当地的文化很有必要。
For those who want to open new markets overseas, an understanding of local culture is necessary.
2. 我们为新同事举办一个聚会,以示友善。
We held a party for our new colleagues as a gesture of friendship. 他送她一束花以示同情。
He sent her a bunch of flowers as a gesture of sympathy. 3. 没有有效的沟通,这件事情很难办成。
Without effective communication, it’s hard to get the done. 没有共同的文化背景,人们很容易产生误解。
Without shared culture, it’s very easy for people to misunderstand each other. 4. 在一个国家是良好的礼仪,在另一个国家也许不适用了。 Good manners in one country many not apply in another (country). 这项规则不是所有情况都适用。
This rule cannot be applied to every case. 5. 如果现在放弃,这桩生意就会泡汤。 Give up now and you’ll lose this deal. 该中国人送钟,你就犯了大忌。
Give a clock to a Chinese as a gift and you’ll make s serious mistake.
Unit 8
1. 知道不能按时完成任务,他拒绝承担那个项目。
Knowing that he couldn’t finish it in time, he refused to undertake the project. 意识到自己错了,她立刻向顾客道歉。
Realizing his mistake, she apologized to the customer immediately. 2. 商业道德的核心包括责任和正直。
The core of business ethics includes both responsibility and integrity. 企业采取进一步措施提高员工和他们家人的生活质量。
Corporations take further steps to improve the quality of life for both employees and their families.
3. 这反映了商业道德在公司产生作用的程度。
This reflected the degree to which business ethics produce its effect on a corporation. 跨国公司是我们希望能实现目标和梦想的地方。
Multinational companies are places to which we expect to reach out goals and realize our dream.
4. 鼓励学生为西部的发展作出贡献。
The students are encouraged to make contributions to the development of the west. 鼓励企业制定商业行为规范。
Businesses are encouraged to set up their codes of business conducts. 5. 许多专家坚持认为这个经济项目是引起物价高涨的唯一原因。
Many experts insist that this economic program should be the only answer to high prices. 我们建议成立一个商业委员会。
We suggest that a commercial committee should be set up.