The-devil-wears-prada中英对照 下载本文

Good luck. 祝好运啦。

Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton? 嗨 我与艾密莉查尔顿有约。 Andrea Sachs? Yes. -安德雅沙奇。-是。

Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor. 真够了 人事部也太幽默了吧。

Follow me. 跟我来。

Okay, so I was Miranda's second assistant... 我是米兰达的第二特助。

but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I'm the first. 但他的第一特助最近升官了 所以就是我啦。

Oh, and you're replacing yourself. Well, I am trying. -喔 所以你自己自动调职啦。-正在努力中。

Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks. 前两个女孩才过没几星期就被米兰达炒了。

We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand? 我们要找个能生存下来的 明白吗。

Yeah. Of course. Who's Miranda? 当然 米兰达是谁啊。

Oh, my God. I will pretend you did not just ask me that. 天啊 我会装作没听见你刚这问题。

She's the editor in chief of Runway, not to mention a legend. 他是Runway杂志的总编辑 更是个传奇人物。

You work a year for her, and you can get a job at any magazine you want. 只要能为他工作过一年 哪个杂志都会抢着要你的。

A million girls would kill for this job. 这可是百万女孩梦寐以求的工作啊。

It sounds like a great opportunity. I'd love to be considered. 听起来是个不错的机会 我会慎重考虑的。

Andrea, Runway is a fashion magazine... 安德雅 Runway是本时尚杂志。 so an interest in fashion is crucial. 所以对时尚有兴趣是很重要的。

What makes you think I'm not interested in fashion? 你为何觉得我对时尚没兴趣呢。

[Cell Phone Ringing] Oh, my God. 我的天。 No! No! No! 糟了。 What's wrong? 怎么啦。

She's on her way. Tell everyone! 他要到了 快告诉所有人。 She's not supposed to be here until 9:00. 他该九点才进来的。

Her driver just text messaged, and her facialist ruptured a disk. 他司机刚发简讯说 他作脸的师父弄坏了一张碟片。

God, these people! [Whistles, Whispers] Who's that? -这些人。-谁啊。 That I can't even talk about. 这我连说都不能说。

All right, everyone! Gird your loins! 好啦 大家 皮绷紧点。

[Excited Chattering] Did somebody eat an onion bagel? 有人刚吃过洋葱贝果吗。 Sorry, Miranda. 抱歉 米兰达。 Move it! Ooh! 让开。

I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment. 我真不懂 确认个约会有这么难吗。

第 1 页 共 1 页

I know. I'm so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm last night. 我很抱歉 但昨晚我的确有确认过了。

Details of your incompetence do not interest me. 关于你无能的细节 我没兴趣。 Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout. 告诉西蒙 他为巴西专题所推荐的女孩 我不喜欢。

I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy. 我要的是干净 运动 微笑型的。他却送个又脏又老又肥的过来。

And R. S. V. P. Yes to the Michael Kors party. 还有回覆给麦可的派对 说我会到。 I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp. 我要司机准时在九点半送我到现场。然后九点四十五分接我离开。

[Whispers] 9:45 sharp. Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for the 40th time. -九点四十五分正。-再打给美食餐厅的娜塔莉 第40次回绝他。

No, I don't want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote. 我不要这个 我要的是装满水果的果仁蛋糕。

Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent-teacher conference is at Dalton tonight. 再打给我前夫 提醒他家长会是今晚 在达尔顿。

Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Massimo. 然后打给我老公 要他在上次我跟马西莫去的餐厅见。

Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers... 告诉李察 我看过他为女跳伞员专题拍摄的照片了。 and they're all so deeply unattractive. 非常的不具吸引力。

Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper? 找个可爱纤细的女跳伞员这么难吗。

No. Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. -不会。-我是不是在强人所难 不会吧。

Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try. -还有 我要看过所有耐吉为葛尼丝派特罗第二次封面拍摄。准备的所有东西。 I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet. Who's that? 不知他减肥成功了没有 他是谁啊。

Nobody. Um, uh... 路人甲 嗯。

Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was preinterviewing her. 人事部送他来应征助理的 我刚正先面试呢。

But she's hopeless and totally wrong for it. 但他完全不适合这工作的。

Clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent me... 明显的这次我要亲自上阵 因为上次你推荐的两个女孩。 were completely inadequate. 完全不行。

So send her in. That's all. 叫他进来 就这样吧。 Right. 好。

She wants to see you. Oh! She does? -他要见你。-是吗。 Move! 进去啊。

This is foul. Don't let her see it. Go! That's... -这太恶了 不能让他看到 进去。-那是..

Who are you? 你是谁。

Uh, my name is Andy Sachs. 我是安蒂沙奇。

第 2 页 共 2 页

I recently graduated from Northwestern University. 刚从西北大学毕业。 And what are you doing here? [Clears Throat]. 那你在这干嘛。

Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant. 我想我会是你不错的助理。 And, um... 还有。

Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out everywhere... 我来纽约想当个记者 寄遍了履历表。

and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke... 终于接到艾莉亚克拉克公司打来的电话。

and met with Sherry up at Human Resources. 也跟人事部的雪莉见过面。 Basically, it's this or Auto Universe. 我不来这 也只汽车世界杂志能去了。 So you don't read Runway? Uh, no. -所以你从没看过Runway罗。-嗯 没有。 And before today, you had never heard of me. 那直到今天之前 你都没听过我名字。

No. 没有。

And you have no style or sense of fashion. 你一点时尚的品味都没有。 Well, um, I think that depends on what you're... 那要看你从哪个角度.. No, no. That wasn't a question. 不 这不是个问题。

Um, I was editor in chief of the Daily Northwestern. 我曾经干过西北日报的总编辑。

I also, um, won a national competition for college journalists... 也曾经在全国大学记者大赛中。

with my series on thejanitors'union, which exposed the exploitation... 以揭发剥削清洁工工会的报导获胜。 That's all. 就这样吧。

Yeah. You know, okay. 好吧。

You're right. I don't fit in here. 你是对的 我不适合这里。 I am not skinny or glamorous... 我不纤细 也不丰姿绰约。

and I don't know that much about fashion. 对时尚也没太多概念。 But I'm smart. 但我很聪明。

I learn fast and I will work very hard. 我学习很快 也很努力。

I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth... 我为葛妮丝争取到Cavalli这季的独家。

but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she's wearing... 问题是 他这插满羽毛的发型。

she looks like she's working the main stage at the Golden Nugget. 活生生像是在帮金鸡块代言似的。

Thank you for your time. 谢谢你的时间。

Who is that sad little person? 那可怜的小家伙是谁啊。

Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don't know about? 我们有要作篇麻雀变凤凰的报导吗。

Brown and Law, please? Thank you. 麻烦回到 棕色与法律 好吗 谢谢。 Andrea. Hmm? -安德雅。-嗯。

Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine? 等等 你找到个时尚杂志的工作。 Mm-hmm. What was it, a phone interview? -对啊。-是怎样 用电话应征的吗。

第 3 页 共 3 页